Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ota ota le mealofa! (oh my goodness, what a gift!)

The school I work for has received an enormous, prolific, gigantic, gift from a wonderful woman in the US. She has been a longtime donor to the school and has just sent us a shipping container full of supplies for the school. It included wheelchairs, med supplies, art supplies, toys, paper, pens, markers, educational materials, music, etcetera etcetera. There is no way I can list everything. Everything I could have ever wished for has been given to the school. With ties to the Rotary Club she was able to seek donations through Rotarians and able to raise funds to have the container shipped. She along with her son and several of her son's friends also came to Samoa to visit our students and unload the container. It has been an amazing blessing. I just wanted to let my friends and family know that there is really not a need to send any more donated items to the school for quite some time. A huge Thank you to the Rotary Clubs in Florida and to Lynn and her family and to my family and friends for all the gifts that have been sent to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home