Monday, June 20, 2005

Home sweet not really my home

I am really horrible at keeping this site updated. I apologize to all of you who are trying to maintain some picture in your head about what my life is like in Samoa. Last week I was in Fiji. My boyfriend and I headed out on Air Pacific airlines on a late Monday night. A flight that was delayed twice and then even when we did finally get airborne had to turn around and land only 15 minutes after take off because the door wasn't properly shut. When we finally made it into Nadi it was well bast 2:30 AM. But the trip was great and my only regret is that I didn't have enough money to stay another week. I've returned safely to Samoa and went back to work today. I won't lie. It's hard to be back. It seems that now I am really focused on returning stateside. I miss home. I miss productivity at work. I miss my family.
Things were good at the school when I left for vacation but upon my return they just feel "blah". I just don't feel any enthusiasm from my counterparts and its hard to constantly be the cheerleeder/motivator. It's sad, but all I can think right now is 5 1/2 months to go.

It's not that bad. Things just aren't new anymore. One happy note though is that before I left for Fiji, I ran a half marathon. That's right, 13.2 miles!!!! I completed it in 2 hours and 16 minutes. I did in the wee hours of a Saturday morning and in the rain. Yes, it rained for all but the first and last half mile. Yeah, I'm proud of myself.

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2005 at 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you too baby! I am counting the days till you come home. I am sure leaving will be bitter sweet. I am soo proud of you and the work you have done in Samoa. You have taken a once in a life time opportunity and made great things happen. I can only wonder what great things are in store for you back in the states. You are in my prayers always.
Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home