Friday, April 22, 2005

nothing in the oven

If someone out there can help me understand and deal with the angst I feel about the following re-occuring situation, Please by all means leave a comment. I just successfully completed 30 Sun Salutations (a Yoga move) and was feeling pretty good about myself when that good feeling quickly came tumbling down. I was leaving the Peace Corps office and the lady that sits at the front desk at the neighboring hotel asked me if I was feeling alright. I said "yes, I feel great". She replies, "Oh, well, are you pregnant?". I curtly answered "no" and walked off. This happens so frequently. It's nothing I can get a grip on. Last weekend I ran the longest I had ever run in my life (7 1/2 miles, thank you very much). I'm feeling pretty trim these days (albeit I don't feel like a Cameron Diaz, but still pretty good). So, what is it? Why does the local population continue to question me on this and bring me down? Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

At April 24, 2005 at 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe just a rumor. Small villages and towns often spread gossip and rumors for something to do.

 
At April 25, 2005 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Maybe it's because you are in the best shape of your life...you are so stunning and beautiful that they can't figure out why you wouldn't be having a million kids. Or, there is that whole "glowing" thing while pregnant. Maybe you are just glowing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home