Saturday, April 30, 2005

O le tala o le povi (A Cow Story)

It's not everyday that one wakes up to a cow in her yard, yet, that's exactly what happened to me this morning. I had just awakened and was shuffling around my house when I heard some unusually loud "mooing". Now, I am not totally unaccustomed to hearing cows hear. There are several cow pastures near my house and I can occasionally hear some distant "mooing". However, this morning it was so loud that I wasn't sure exactly what I heard. I continued to putter around for 10-15 minutes when I heard it again. This time I looked out my front window and saw right before my eyes an escaped cow standing in my gate. He saw me look at him and then scampered away.
As the school day came and went I figured he had been re-captured. However, as I left my house on the bus at 3:45pm I saw the cow roaming around on the road. It's a pretty busy road and he was now at the University's gate. It's amazing to me that no one thought to return the cow. I'm guessing he came from the University's agriculture program as this is really close to where I live and at 3:45pm he was trying to go to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home