Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Sending out a call for help

I'm now nearing the close of my first 90 days of "actual work". This period is supposed to be alloted for adjustment to the job and establishing rapport with co-workers. I feel like I have a good handle of these two objectives and now feel ready to "get the ball rolling" on about a million different projects I have in mind. I need to prioritize my ideas and really think about what's feasible at my site. I have a list of subject areas that I would love to have input on from those of you that might have expertise in that subject or perhaps know someone who does. I am able to and have been using the Internet to research but first hand experience is what I'm really interested in.
1) One of my ideas may be to establish a relaxation/soothing corner where students who are having tantrums can calm down and then re-enter the program. I thought if anyone has any special education experience might be able to help with ideas on how to go about doing this.
2) I also want to be able make my computer studies program accessible to all the students. I'm very interested in hearing from anyone who has experience in assistive technology. I need to know what is out there that works for people who have visual problems and poor fine motor control and intellectual disabilities.
3) I may also want to have an accessible playground built. If anyone knows of anyone who has built one or knows of a group that likes to fund these sorts of projects please let me know.

These are just ideas in my head of which, may or may not come into actual reality. If you think you might be able to offer information please e-mail me at amandakucich@yahoo.com
If this works then I will probably send out more questions for all of you who may be able to help.
Fa'afetai Tele Lava (Thank you very much)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home